Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Rain

I've been listening to the sound of a gentle rain this morning, not the hard rain we've been having, not the overflow the gutter, can't see across the street, rain, just a gentle soft rain.


I'm very tired today and have absolutely no energy. Maybe it's the rain and the weather front wreaking havoc with my allergies. Could be a reaction of the flu and pneumonia shots I got yesterday, or the sleepless night. But I can tell nothing major, like laundry, is going to get done today. I looked at the sink full of dishes a few minutes ago and decided that emptying/loading the dishwasher would take too much energy. All I want to do on this lovely, rainy day is sleep.


I also have a lot on my mind, family issues, the political climate (I'll be so glad when Nov.5 gets here). And yes, I said the 5th. That will mean that the election is over and all of the political ads on TV, flyers in the mail (I imagine the postman will be too), robocalls and political surveys will finally stop, at least for a little bit.


So I think I'll just sit here and listen to the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment