Monday, January 26, 2015

Politics

Politics...that forbidden topic of conversation. The mid-term elections are barely over, the new congress has only been in session for about 3 weeks and already the candidates are lining up for 2016.

As I watched the news and saw who was at the republican event in Iowa, I told my husband that most of the names scared me. I also said I was going to have to do some research on some of them, because I wasn't really familiar with them. Maybe it's going to take the full 2 years to figure out who is who and what they stand for. Hopefully, both parties will have learned something from the last 2 elections, but I'm doubtful.

The democrats don't seem to be lining up as much as the republicans. I think they are all waiting to see if Hillary Clinton will run. To watch the news, it's a done deal and she's the democratic candidate. I think it would be a mistake for her to run. I think they country is tired of the Clintons. At the same time, even though I have liked Jeb Bush, I think the country is also tired of the Bushes. I think it would be a mistake for Mitt Romney to run again. Contrary to many, I don't think he connects with "normal" people. He's been too elite for too long and hasn't experienced many of the hardships many in the middle class have.

Sarah Palin really scares me. I don't know why anyone would vote for her. She couldn't even finish one term as governor and I remember her saying that she was resigning because there were other things she wanted to do. Seems like all she's done is travel the country, bringing in big speaking fees, and bad-mouthing the president and all democrats. I guess she wasn't taught that if you can't say something nice you shouldn't say anything at all.

Those are just a few of my thoughts as this election season gears up. Like I said, I'm going to have to do some research on the hopefuls before I can make a really informed decision. If anyone is reading this and wants to chime in, feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment