Monday, October 21, 2013

Changing Seasons

I noticed this morning as I looked out of my bathroom window that the leaves have changed color. No, not the normal color changes of gold, orange and red that signal fall. They are still green for the most part, but a deeper green. That started me thinking about life seasons.

Spring has the pale green of new leaves, summer has the rich green of fullness of life, and now the ebbing summer, early fall deep green of a near completion life cycle. Soon these too will change color and start to fall, until the trees are all bare for the cold winter.

Now, you would think that in my 59 years of life, I would have noticed these things before. I had noticed the winter, spring, summer cycles, but had only paid attention to the fall colors of falling leaves. I had not noticed the deep greens that I saw this morning. Maybe God's telling me something. I have been so focused on Bill's medical problems these last 2 years that, now that he's doing so much better, I can start to focus on other aspects of life. The changing seasons may just be the start of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment